Welcome to SISo Nepal
SISo Nepal the Skill Information Society Nepal, established in 2003, is a national level non-governmental, non-political and non-profit making organization. It is registered under organization registration act 2034 BS in District Administration Office Kathmandu and affiliated with Social Welfare Council (SWC) of Nepal; works for the Human Resource and Health Development of the underprivileged people of Nepal with the aim to establish congenial environment for ensuring basic health rights.
The SISo Nepal also formed in response to identified growing health needs, supplement and complement to the GoN. The SISo Nepal aims to organize and conduct an appreciable and measurable numbers of programs to address the growing need of information and services on Healthy Sexuality and Reproductive Health, Life Skills, End Child Marriage and Livelihood development for underserved population in different part of the Nepal. Similarly, it aims to contribute in strengthening democracy, education and advocacy and awareness on Healthy Climate and Environment Conservation.
Experience & lessons learned in designing, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the various Sexual and Reproductive Health Life Skills and STI and HIV prevention, climate change and livelihood development programs by the team members of SISo Nepal with the underprivileged people, identified the emergence of participatory, need based and sustainable information and services on Sexual and Reproductive Health, Climate Change and Environment Conservation.
Thus, SISo Nepal seeks to be an effective, independent and self-sustained organization that works in national level; with a strong network of local NGOs, CBOs, INGOs and Government of Nepal through direct project implementation and support service delivery to the like-minded agencies. SISo Nepal believes in participatory approach, community participation, learning by doing and quality services.
SISo Nepal has experts and experienced members in designing, developing and implementing the programs on educating the people (with special focus on Young People) about Sex, Sexuality, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Safe Motherhood, STIs, HIV, Advocacy and Awareness to End Child Marriage, Environment and Linkages between Population, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Livelihood development, Gender and Climate Change Adaptation with an effective approach without evoking the existing social values and cultures. Similarly, it has also experts on strengthening democracy, peace and human rights; and to contribute for the excess to education to the people of Nepal. Therefore, SISo Nepal is in position to work as one of the leading organizations to design and implement, research / evaluation (base line, midterm and end line survey) of the need-based health, environment, climate change, democracy and human rights; livelihood development and education related activities and complementing to the Government of Nepal and other service providing agencies.
SISo Nepal has profound experiences and lessons learned in designing, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the various Sexual and Reproductive Health Life Skills including the IEC/BCC materials, training packages and job aid development on SRH, Gender development, Child Rights and Child Marriage. SISo Nepal is equipped and is confident enough with the expertise of its team and the pool of resource persons who have contributed to government of Nepal and different I/NGOs for implementing innovative, cost effective and result oriented programs on sexual and reproductive health, STI, HIV, climate change, environment conservation, education, democracy, human rights and livelihood development.
Priority Areas of Working:
- Policy/Strategy and Guideline: Support to GO/I/NGOs to formulate the policy/ strategy /guideline on Sexual and Reproductive Health, STI, HIV and AIDS Prevention, Control, Care and Support, healthy climate, environment and wildlife conservation, overall education and climate change
- Research: Base line Surveys, Mid term Program Evaluation and End line Evaluation of Programs on Sexual and Reproductive Health, STI, HIV and AIDS including VCT Service, climate change, conservation of environment and wildlife and education issues.
- Strengthening Democracy, Peace and Human Rights: Support to the government of Nepal in strengthening the democracy, human rights and establishing, promoting the peace in the country
- End Child Marriage: Training, advocacy, Education and awareness to end the child marriage
- Awareness and Peer Education Program: Training to peer educators, Mobilization of Peer educators and Peer Education Program on Sexual and Reproductive Health Life Skills, Safe Motherhood, STIs and HIV and AIDS prevention, Control, Care and Support including operation of VCT Program, climate change, conservation of environment and wildlife and education.
- Serve in promoting health information and services for the deprived people of Nepal
- Develop Information Education and Communication (IEC)/Behavior Change Communication (BCC) materials on AYSRH, STI and HIV prevention and provide the health education
- Conduct research on health issues
- Develop training tool kits/ manuals on health issues
- Conduct the trainings on health issues
- Support to the Government of Nepal in formation of national health policy/strategy
- Coordinate with the national and international likeminded organizations and devote in promoting the health status of the Nepali people
- Organize the national and international workshops, seminars and meetings on health issues
- Contribute in the strengthening democracy, peace and human rights
- Contribute for the healthy climate, environment and wildlife conservation
- Contribute for the access for education to each groups of people and communities of the country
- Contribute for the livelihood development for the underprivileged group of people and communities of the country
- Provide Consultancy Service in Health Issues